CYNTHIA ‘CINDY’ DAWN ORSBORN was last seen on 06/13/17 when she was dropped off at a friend’s house in Natchitoches, Louisiana.1
The mom of two was 23-years-old at the time of her disappearance, and lived with boyfriend Jack Daniel JD Nobles in Calvin. She attended Natchitoches Central High School and worked at Save-A-Lot, Sonic and Wendy’s.
Cindy is known as “…a bright, attractive, but troubled young woman who kept company with people her family feared.” Her uncle, David Orsborn, remembers her as “…so tender-hearted and little…almost defenseless.”2
Family say Cynthia began using drugs as teen to cope with the January 2006 disappearance of her father, Michael Orsborn. Her contact with them was often sporadic, but in mid-June it completely stopped.3 Her brother Christopher reported her missing 06/21/17.
IN HER OWN WORDS
Cynthia, a mom of two, touchingly described herself on Facebook as:
“I’m a on the skinny side kind of gal. I’m in love with the most sweetest, handsomely, man I ever laid eyes on…We have two little boys… They are my world… Two brothers. One sister. A wonderful mother. My father is gone. I like to have alot of fun and hang out with friends. Hit the back roads. I listen to all music mostly country n rap. I’m def not a girly girl unless it comes down to if I need to put on make up.”
“I am a one of a kind friend that u will never find in ur life but once. My best friend is Amanda Rhodes and Paige Stewart. I’m not one to give speaches but I have had it really rough all my life. And u just can’t let anything knock u down… if it ever does get right back up and try it again. And if ur to the point where u don’t know what road to take wich way to turn. … Turn to God. He will lead u the right way no matter what u have ever done in ur life that is bad or wrong. He won’t care he will still help you.” 4
CIRCUMSTANCES OF DISAPPEARANCE
On 06/20/17, her cousin posted a plea to Facebook asking for help in locating Cindy. It appears from comments her relationship with JD Nobles, 41, was volatile and may have involved deliberate alienation from family. His response denied knowledge of her whereabouts.5
JD reportedly sent below, via Facebook, to one of her aunts:
“We were walking from the library in Calvin to come to try to get phone to connect to WiFi and she got in a dark green or blue or brown. All I know is it was dark, about 9:45 couldn’t see inside.”
An unsuccessful search for Cynthia was conducted that included divers and cadaver dogs that scoured Saline Bayou, on the border of Natchitoches and Winn parishes.
- Nicknames: Cindy
- Physical: 5’5, 121 pounds, strawberry blond hair, hazel eyes
- Marks/Tattoos: wings and circular tattoos over lower right stomach, ‘Bray’ tattoo on arm or leg
- Clothing: unknown
- Jewelry: unknown
JD Nobles has a 20-year record of violent crimes:6
- In 1997 he was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon in Houston, Texas.
- In 2003 he was arrested for assault, battery, false imprisonment and theft in Hall County, Georgia.
- He was arrested four times in Natchitoches between February 2003-June 2007 for battery, false imprisonment, cruelty to animals, terrorizing, entering and remaining on premises after being forbidden, and drug possession.
- In March 2008 he was sentenced to eight years in prison for illegal carrying of a weapon and obliterating a gun’s serial number.
- In June 2014 he was arrested by Webster Parish for kicking, raping and holding a girlfriend in a mobile home until evidence of the abuse had healed. “He denied the charges, which were then dropped when his girlfriend [not Cynthia] did not show up for trial in March 2015.”
- While jailed in Webster Parish, Shreveport authorities charged Nobles with stalking a former girlfriend after they broke up.
- In November 2016 he was arrested by Natchitoches Parish for domestic abuse and a protective order was issued.
After Nobles was released on the November 2016 charge, he moved to Winn Parish where Cindy later joined him.6
Although it’s believed JD was the last person to see her alive, he “…has not been charged in Cindy’s disappearance. Investigators say he has repeatedly and steadfastly denied involvement in Cynthia Orsborn’s disappearance.”7
As of this writing, Nobles is no longer incarcerated.
Natchitoches Parish Sheriff’s Office and Winn Parish Sheriff’s Office are working to locate Cynthia ‘Cindy’ Dawn Orsborn and bring the person(s) responsible to justice. If you have information about her disappearance or current whereabouts, please call (318) 352-6432 or (318) 628-4611.
Rev: 02/27/22Submit corrections/updates here.
- NamUs: #MP51498, accessed 07/21/20.
- KTBS Channel 3, On Your Side: Cindy’s Missing: Continuing Coverage, aired 08/09/17.
- KTBS Channel 3, On Your Side: Drug abuse and domestic battery: The sad case of Cindy Orsborn, aired 07/26/17.
- Personal FaceBook “About” Page: Cynthia Dawn Orsborn, accessed 08/01/20.
- FaceBook: Chelsea Orsborn, post by Chelsea Orsborn, post of 06/20/17.
- Winn Parish Enterprise: Search Continues for Cindy, pages 1-2, published 08/09/17.
- KTBS Channel 3 On Your Side: Cindy’s missing another woman steps forward, aired 08/16/17.