On 12/20/02 the decomposed bodies of Rebecca Ann Miller, 30, and Roderick Wayne Collins, 32, were found by a hunter in a wooded area of Sugarhouse Road in Alexandria, Louisiana. The relationship between the victims, if any, is unknown.
Rebecca, mother of five, lived at 306 Shanghai Road in Ball, LA, at the time of her death. A Missing Person Report wasn’t filed since, according to family, it was not unusual for her to disappear days or weeks at a time.1
On 04/05/00, she and Thomas Wyatt Vanzandt were issued a marriage license.2
Sadly, she experienced tragedy in her young life: When she was 12, her mother Katherine Marie Miller died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the stomach – at the Shanghai Road home.3
It is unknown if her 04/23/02 arrest by Rapides Parish Sheriff’s Office for ‘unauthorized use more than $1,000‘ is related.4
The remains of Rebecca and Roderick, were sent to a Florida forensic anthropologist for a detailed cause and time of death, although the same source stated months earlier their remains were sent to Shreveport for autopsy. 5. Investigators believe her remains were in the area from five-six weeks prior to being discovered.6
In 2003, her cause of death was determined to be multiple stab wounds.
Alexandria Police Department (APD) is working to close the Rebecca Ann Miller case and bring her killer(s) to justice. If you have information about this crime, please contact:
APD Criminal Investigations at (318) 441-6416
Please submit corrections/updates here.Submit corrections/updates here.
- Unsolved Cold Cases FB Page: December 20 makes 18 years since my mother…, posted 12/01/19.
- Alexandria Town Talk: Milestones, page E-3, published 04/16/00.
- Alexandria Town Talk: Ball Housewife Dies from Gunshot Wound, page D7, published 05/02/84.
- Alexandria Town Talk: Police Blotter, page A2, published 05/29/02.
- Alexandria Town Talk: Pineville police hunt missing man, page A3, published 11/14/02.
- Alexandria Town Talk: Sugarhouse Road killings remain a mystery-Bodies of man, woman found 7 months ago, page A3, 06/10/03.