At the time of his death he lived at 4711 Blount Road in Baton Rouge.2
Until her passing in 2018, his mother was an active member of Parents of Murdered Children for over 20 years. His granddaughter Kaylee now fights to bring Randy’s killer(s) to justice, and created the Justice for Randy Hooper page in his memory.
Randy and Debra were seen leaving The Pub and Game Room, located at 11455 Plank Road, at approx 1:30am 06/13/82. From there the couple drove to Comite River, near Dyer Road Bridge, for a party. According to witnesses, when the party broke up they stayed to swim.4
Men running trotlines discovered his nude remains approx 8am 06/16/82, in a thickly wooded area on the east bank. They notified authorities and the East Baton Rouge Sheriff’s Office soon secured the area.
Deputies found Randy’s black 4×4 truck on the west bank, with driver’s side door open, and the couple’s clothing and personal belongings nearby. No blood was in or near the vehicle. Authorities are uncertain how Randy ended up on the opposite side of the river from where his truck and belongings were found.5
Autopsy determined Randy was beaten, then killed by a single gunshot wound to the back of the head.6
My research revealed very little about Randy’s background or the crime. If you have a reputable source of information for either, please let me know so it can be incorporated into this summary.
East Baton Rouge Sheriff’s Office is working to solve the Archie Randall Hooper case and bring his killer(s) to justice. If you have information about this crime, please call (225) 389-5000.
Please submit corrections/updates here.Submit corrections/updates here.
- FaceBook Page-Greater Baton Rouge Crime Stoppers, post of 06/14/19.
- FaceBook Page: Justice for Randy Hooper, post of 08/24/20, Unknown Newspaper Clipping: Probe into double murder continues.
- Find A Grave: Archie Randall ‘Randy’ Hooper, accessed 11/21/20.
- The Franklin Banner: Parents offer reward for murderer of son, front page, published 08/02/84.
- FaceBook Page: Justice for Randy Hooper, post of 08/24/20, Unknown Newspaper Clipping: Man’s body found near Comite River.
- The Shreveport Journal: Two bodies found near Cormite River, page 17A, published 06/17/82.